*This position can be located in Seattle, Washington DC, Nairobi, or Geneva.
At PATH, we are a global team of innovators working to accelerate health equity so all people and communities can thrive. We advise and partner with public institutions, businesses, grassroots groups, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. Our team includes scientists, health professionals, business leaders, engineers, advocates, and experts from dozens of other specialties. We work in more than 70 countries to transform bold ideas into sustainable solutions that improve health and well-being for all.
The Director, Global Risk and Compliance (GRC) is a member of PATH’s leadership team and reports to the Chief of Business, Finance, and Operations. The Director, GRC is accountable for the strategy, development, implementation, oversight, and evaluation of PATH’s Compliance & Operational Risk Program. The Director, GRC works in close collaboration with PATH Legal Counsel on all aspects of Governance and enterprise risk management.
The Director, GRC coordinates the management of the risks and compliance associated to the organization, employees, stakeholders, beneficiaries, reputation, assets and interested parties. They will advise Senior Management and the Risk and Compliance Committee of any potential risk that may affect the reputation, safety, security, financial sustainability of the organization.
The Director, GRC leads the following teams: Office of Grants and Contracts, Internal Audit, Investigation and Risk Management.
Risk and Compliance Responsibilities
Develop and implement a comprehensive strategy for risk and compliance, engaging with key stakeholders on the following:
- Partner to plan, design, and implement an overall compliance and operational risk framework management process and strategy for the organization.
- Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of PATH’s Compliance Program.
- Identify risks through systematic risk assessments and contribute to the annual Enterprise Risk Management Process led by General Counsel.
- Actively participate as a member of the Investigation Review Team.
- Facilitate the work of the Policy Review Committee.
- Periodically revise the Compliance Program and compliance policies.
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in risk and compliance trainings.
- Provide regular analyses and progress reports on compliance to PATH Executive Team.
Lead and manage the risk and compliance teams (4 direct reports):
- Oversee the activities of 4 global teams: Office of Grants and Contracts, Internal Audit, Investigation and Risk Management.
- Manage the performance and development of the team leaders, offering mentorship along with learning and growth opportunities.
- Ensure close collaboration between the teams and with other internal stakeholders.
- Secure and deploy resources effectively and efficiently to support GRC’s activities.
- Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with PATH’s goals.
- Hold self and team accountable to meet commitments and consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances.
- Build partnerships and work collaboratively with other teams to meet shared objectives.