Mental Health Therapist – Community Based
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Requisition: 1303
***SIGN ON BONUS OF $2,000 AVAILABLE!!!***
(See pay details below)
The Community Based Mental Health Therapist (MHT) will provide in-home and community-based comprehensive and individualized services. Our therapists provide individual and family therapy in a community setting, as well as crisis response and safety planning. They complete mental health assessments, and risk screenings and maintain the clinical record for each client and ensuring the clinical record meets all compliance standards.
Our therapists are trained and supported to provide individual, family and group therapy modalities, along with active case management and advocacy. Incredible Years, Seeking Safety and ARC model trainings are offered, along with active supervision and consultation groups. Overall, we strive to be inclusive and supportive, while providing care that is developmentally targeted and trauma informed.
Licensure supervision is available in house! Training in alcohol and drug services is also possible if interested, as is working toward CADC credentialing.
Education and Work Experience:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
- Master’s level degree in psychology, social work, counseling or related field.
- Experience working with children and adolescents in a mental health, social services, educational, or other related setting
- Bilingual in Spanish, both written and spoken
- Current Two years direct treatment experience with children and/or adolescents in a mental health setting
- CADC I, preferred
- Oregon or other state Licensed Mental Health Professional
- Pass a DHS criminal history background
- Ability to work outside regularly scheduled business hours; staff will be in an On Call rotation 1 week every 6-8 weeks
- Must hold valid driver’s license— Oregon or Washington within 30 days of hire and meet agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range: $47,424 - $61,090 ($22.80 - $29.37 per hour)
***SIGN ON BONUS OF $2,000 AVAILABLE!!! $1,-000 to be paid upon hire and $1,000 upon 90 days of employment.***
Why join us?
- Benefits and Perks – Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Transportation stipend for employees working at our downtown location.
- We make a difference in our community – At Morrison we provide a comprehensive continuum of mental health, substance abuse and prevention and education services for youth, from birth through age 21. We work with families and communities to make a difference in every child’s life.
Program: Outpatient Services
Morrison Child and Family Services delivers specialized clinic-based outpatient services to children, ages birth through 18. At the core of our work is a deep respect for the complexity of human nature and human needs–we guide children and their families through difficult issues by creating tailored treatment plans to address individuals needs and cultural backgrounds. Our programs recognize and respect cultural differences and support the growth of children and adolescents so that their ability to succeed in school and in life is enhanced.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
- Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
- Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
- Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
- Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
- Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
- Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
- Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
- Equity - Assuring all can survive and thrive
Visit our website to learn more about our mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
At Morrison we celebrate diversity. Through our commitment to equity and inclusion, we support our communities to move beyond disparity and oppression and work with compassion, integrity, and dedication to social justice through the implementation of goals and policies. We strive to create an inclusive and anti-racist organization by ensuring that racial identity will not determine or predict the quality of trauma-informed care a child receives; to that effect, we’re looking for candidates who can provide culturally-appropriate care or possess the ability to hold each other and yourself accountable to the diversity and uniqueness of all individuals within Morrison, our clients and our community stakeholders.
External Candidate Process: Please visit: www.morrisonkids.org/careers anp
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We will keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.