*This position can be located in Seattle, Washington DC, Nairobi, or New Delhi.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Our mission of health equity hinges on a strong commitment to anti-racism, diversity, equity, and inclusion –within our teams, and in our work. In 2019, PATH launched a two-year people and culture initiative that yielded our updated values, a global team of DEI champions to advise our executives, and our DEI strategy 2021-2023. At PATH, we know sustainable change requires both leadership commitment and mechanisms for all people’s voices to be heard. Our strategy was developed by leaders and employees across PATH and includes a mix of institutional and employee-led work streams. We seek to hire a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Director to lead and refine our strategy and create a DEI center of excellence to advise, support and bring together our global workstreams.
- Lead the diversity, equity, and inclusion initiative at PATH, in partnership with PATH’s Chief People Officer, and with the CEO to whom the role will also report.
- Oversee execution of three-year DEI strategy and annual work plans, including measuring and reporting on progress against success indicators on the three DEI strategy pillars: People, Business Practices, and Programming and Public Health Approach.
- Serve as primary DEI advisor to PATH executive team and board of directors, including providing input to PATH strategy and facilitating DEI learning sessions.
- Manage DEI project manager and oversee a cross-functional team of people leading DEI workstreams.
- Advise and support DEI Advisory Group, HR business partners, and People Resource Groups (LGBTQIA+, Black PATH Employees Network, and Disability Justice and Inclusion).
- Manage institutional DEI budget ($300K+ in 2021 with plans to increase in 2022) and provide oversight of divisional DEI budgets.
- Facilitate intentional DEI dialogue with employees and leaders across all divisions and regions.
- Oversee selection and coordination of DEI consultants at PATH to ensure a shared approach and vocabulary and alignment to strategy.
- Advise and support HR on DEI learning strategies and integrating DEI into all people practices.
- Liaise with peer organizations to share best practices and lessons learned and advocate for equity in the global health sector.
- Advise and support HR and Monitoring and Evaluation teams to make DEI data accessible and transparently communicate progress on DEI strategy and annual work plans.